"The system proved its worth on day 1. We had an unexpected change in production that caused us to need boxes we did not have. I simply walked over to the Panotec machine and had the boxes made. They were at the pack line in 3 minutes."
With Box on Demand your operator simply specifies the dimensions and configuration of the corrugated packaging needs and the system produces exactly the box needed. Say goodbye to stocking dozens of sizes, or needing excessive fillers to get a secure fit. Make what you need when you need it.
Our customers typically operate their systems one of three ways. Each way adds to the customer's ability to be flexible, increases their customer service levels, all while reducing cost.
A system is implemented at the pack line, and boxes are made and immediately packed.
- Facility has a consolidated packing area
- Items enter the packing area randomly or in very small batches
- Forecast planning for boxes is not necessary
- Bar-code scan of an item triggers the Box on Demand system to make the appropriate item
- Pack line staff both operate equipment and pack product
Low lead time - make ahead to order
- Production schedules are predetermined
- Lead time to produce boxes in-house are at least on shift
- Box production system places mark on box in order to ID for later use
- Boxes are produced by calling up a part number from a catalog on the box machine user interface
Combination of On-Demand and Build Ahead
- Multiple pack areas in facility
- One "main" pack line serviced on-demand